Tuesday, March 04, 2008

From One Entrepreneur to another Upcoming One...

Read more! | 2 comments

http://storage.sxc.hu/l/lf/lfpilz/251732_4297.jpg

A good friend asked me these questions recently, again I thought I shared it to the world again...This posts is not meant to BOAST but its something which not all of us can learn...

From the friend....

I have been wanting to write you an email as i believe you can share your experiences at the same time i can learn from it. I think i admire the courage that you possess and really wish i to learn from you.

Here it goes, the questions:

  1. I would love to know what is your perception about school. I ask this question as i understand that you did not finish your education in NUS. I was wondering why ever since i knew you. Does being in school a conflict to your entrepreneurial values? Like what we learn from Robert Kiyo. Is that the reason you left? or was it just due to grade and finances? I thought that you could share some insights. (i have many a times wanted to quit school as sometimes i feel i want to pursue something bigger) Just need your opinion and views, if possible advice.
  2. What are the kind of response you get from people (your families, friends, colleagues, etc) when they knew you didnt finish NUS?
  3. I believe you were once in my position in where i kind of like got confused over school and doing what i want. I think i your case school and the business that you have been doing.
  4. Well i hope you can inspire me with your knowledge and success stories.
  5. Don't forget to give some tips to me ya.
Here's my answers..

Firstly your train of thoughts need to be clear and you need to have the right motives and direction first. Once you make a decision there is no turning back.

Does being in school a conflict to your entrepreneurial values? No. It still teaches you discipline and consistency.

I did not leave school. I was kicked out of school.

This is what i think about degrees. Its just a paper for Bosses to think about you. But if you position yourself as the boss, would you need that paper? Its not the paper that makes you different but how you practice that knowledge and put it to good use. Thousands of people will just talk but only those few who took action will make it happen.

In fact you do not need that paper to get University Knowledge. Its everywhere, you just need to find it. Its just a damn paper with A, B and Cs... It has no value unless you can prove it.

If you feel like leaving school I would advise you to listen to your heart and not listen to others including me. There were a few people who asked me to leave school when I was in year 2 but I decided to stay on. I told myself I wont quit unless they kicked me out..Hmm which they did..haha...I'm not the kind that would quit...the last few semesters I was still there, I still manage to leave my marks, got many more friends and I wouldn't have met you if I left earlier right? There's a reason for things to happen and Allah determines all this.

I did not fail in anything. I was just learning from the mistakes and I needed to change. If you are going through this process, my God you will be successful one day. Very few people go through this...most people will find it only later in life.

Anyway if you decided to leave, tell those who are close to you. Next time you will do it with a bang and you need to prove that.

I told my mum the moment i was kicked out, that I will pursue my degree later on...and I will do that once I made my millions. The reason I told my mum that is because I already know that I can go to any top Universities in the World. Always Believe that You are the Best!!


2) What are the kind of response you get from people (your families, friends, colleagues, etc) when they knew you didnt finish NUS?

Yes, parents will definitely be sad as they will want you to get that paper. Now the question is who is running your life? You or your parents? Was it easy. No its not...You must have a lot of self pride to go against your parents wishes and prove to them that the path you choose is the correct one.

Relatives will make so much fuss. Biasalah kepo..as though its their money that I'm spending...I do not really care about them or what they think. Its just how the world is lah Bro...when you do something bad people condemn you. You must not really care about all this.

Friends...Those who really knew me would be crazily asking what happen to a TOP Poly student in NUS? I told them simply...I made certain decisions to change for the better. Most who know me personally wont judge my decisions.

3) I believe you were once in my position in where i kind of like got confused over school and doing what i want. I think in your case school and the business that you have been doing.

Every entrepreneur goes through this process. Ask Allah for direction. This confusion is temporary. You need to seek the answers on your own. When you learn to overcome this problem, your journey will start. There will be millions of hurdles that will come to you. All we need to do is learn to overcome it one by one.

4 & 5) I hope I answered almost all your questions.


My Life Mission: I enable others to discover purpose in their lives and empower them to pursue their dreams and live life to the fullest with God's blessing.

fspurelogoeoLogo themaneoLogo




2 Comments:

  • Armand Rousso is about to launch a new Start up site for Entrepreneur : www.myfavoritentrepreneur.com : stay Tuned !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 PM  

  • thanks for the link

    By Blogger EO, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Listen to my interview live on RSI on Tuesday 1st April @ 5.30pm http://www.rsi.sg/malay/main/index/.html


akudetaicon.jpg

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archives -

From One Entrepreneur to another Upcoming One...